Saturday, March 7, 2015

Update

So things are good here in Port Townsend. I'm catching my breath at the moment. I bought a car the other day, a beautiful burgandy Volvo station wagon. She has a bit of mileage on her, but she is still shiny and has a beautiful black leather interior and sunroof. While my walks to work along the beach were nice, I'm working a night shift now, and the walks were quite cold, taking about forty minutes both ways. I found it tiring, and I wanted to give myself a chance to see other places on the Peninsula like Neah Bay and Cape Flattery, the northern most point on the Continental United States (Key West's doppelganger). I hope she can help me enjoy seeing some new places here on the Peninsula. I'll post some pictures of her shortly.

I also bought a bicycle, which I may or may not use. Hard to say, but it is a nice one, so I treated myself well twice, unusual for me. Just trying to give myself some comfort for the time being I suppose, that way I can focus on other things.

I've learned to give myself  things. Its much easier than trying to be too severe on myself. Seems to work out better.

Painting as usual, have a few going on right now, but am tired from work usually and trying to get other things done, so I only work in short spurts right now, but that's okay. As long as I keep at it, try to do a bit every day, and see where it goes. I'm surprised I still do it, and seem to enjoy it more and more. I do miss getting to play my banjo. Just not much time for it lately.

Work is going well. I am doing what they call a swing shift. I work from 2-11 at night. Its not very hard work, and I get paid better than I have in quite a while, so I'm trying to take advantage of it, not work too hard, and put my time and energy into things I'm wanting to get done while I have a semi-permanent place. The people I work with are all very nice and intelligent. Mostly I try to stay out of the way and help where I can. They generally know much more than I do, so I just try to help out where they say. I enjoy them, and they give me another beautiful place to work.

Not too much else to talk about at the moment. I've joined a gym downtown. Its a nice place and they have tai chi classes which I'm hoping to take part in. The pool here in town  is very nice too. Its nice to mix it up, and both have dry saunas, which I absolutely adore. Though the weather has been extremely mild for the Northwest, its still nice to sit in a small wooden box and get hot.

Anyways, I hope all is well back home. Thanks as always for your support.

Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment