Friday, October 23, 2015

Some things I've made

This will probably be a quick post as I have to run out the door to meet Ananda, but I wanted to post a quick picture of some of the things I've made in class recently. A hammer, a bevel board (the piece with the diagonal lines), and two bevel gauges. Bevel gauges simply measure angles while the board lets you put your gauge against it  and will let you know what the angle is. 

The hammer is the most recent project. It took a while, and while there are things I'm disappointed in myself about, I think it came out well and will serve me. Today we got to go out on a boat from the 1930's that belongs to the school. We didn't go anywhere, but it was just nice to be aboard, on the water. It was a beautiful old wooden boat too, so it was nice to get a sense of some of the things we may be able to make. I also signed up for rowing classes, as there are several small row boats that we can take out in the bay if we take a how-to class. Its been beautiful out, and its been frustrating not being able to get out on the water not having regular access to kayaks or paddleboards. I was just sitting with one of my classmates, Josh, and saying how nice it would be if we could get out on the water, so it was nice to have this show up. I'll be trained next Friday, and will be able to get out after that, which will be great. Should make for some wonderful photos. 

Also I've filed for unemployment and the Washington State Training Assistance Program. It appears that I have been approved for both, so I should receive support for the duration of my schooling. Which will be wonderful.

Anyhows, I hope all is well back home, and just know that I am doing well and enjoying my time in school. Be well.

Love,
Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment