Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Moving quickly

So last night went better than my previous nights. I was able to get my hands dirty, make mistakes and learn. I feel a bit more confortable today than yesterday. DJ, a woman I worked with, made me laugh prior to dinner with the music she was playing from a band called The Lonely Island. A hip hop band where nothing is sacred, but everything is funny. And a man named Steven Lynch, who does musical comedy, and quite well at that. After dinner she had us moving to some techno and dub step, which is great for cleaning. Had a good night of sleep, which is always extremely helpful. Plan to have a workout, some lunch, than back into the kitchen. Tonight will be saute, the station I probably feel most comfortable on, since I did more of that on the morning shifts. I also happen to enjoy it, though I found I enjoyed cooking meat, and have a greater appreciation for those who do so, and the requisite knife skills that are required to do so. Saute is fast and hot, where grill is slow and hot. So tonight we move quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment