Friday, March 27, 2015

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have not been in touch. I've just been busy getting used to life here.  Things are going well, its just that everything is in much larger parts this time around, so it takes longer for things to come around. I'm enjoying my tai chi class, and my car. Its nice to be able to get around and listen to music. Its beautiful out here. It reminds me of the drives I did between the house and Tampa when I was a kid, late at night on the tree lined back roads off of Keystone.

The house I'm living in is good. My landlords are getting ready for their trip to Alaska. Feels like there is constant change, I've been adjusting as rapidly as possible. There is a salt water spa here in town, SOAK, where I've helped out in exchange for free sessions in their pools. The other day I put down some pavers. It was nice to play in the dirt for a little while, and the owner is nice. Hopefully I'll get to do some more work. She was talking about building some benches for an outdoor patio she has that she wants to turn into a sort of tanning deck/beer garden. Could be a fun, challenging project.

I've been painting. It takes a long time for me to do a painting anymore, which is nice. Gives me something to look forward to, even if its a bit frustrating, trying to figure out what its about, but I guess that's the joy in it, once it does come out. And for once, if someone were to ask how I was feeling, I could point and say, this. Which doesn't amount to much, but its better than anything else I've ever had, and I'm proud of that, even if its not much. Wish I was better at it, but maybe in another ten or twenty years, I'll start figuring some things out.

Started playing the banjo again, which I got away from, but have been trying to make time for. I try to do so much, there's not enough time it seems, but I try to make it. I have missed practicing on the banjo. It gives me a lot of stress relief. Not sure why, but I like it. Its hard to play in the house, you always feel like you are annoying someone, though you may not, and with the banjo, part of the enjoyment is playing it loud. I've gone out to the parks a few times as I feel less self conscious about bothering anyone out in the open, and its nice to play with water. When I lived at Lake Crescent, I would play with the fire burning in front of me, which I loved. Maybe a change to the water is for the best.

Otherwise, its just been a lot of adjustments. I've applied for the boat school and requested the necessary transcripts. I'm trying to relax yet stay engaged. Not the easiest combination for me, but I'm trying. Soon a new family will be moving into the house I'm living in. Even if I try to stop moving, the world keeps spinning. I'm under no delusion that I'll be able to be still, I don't think its in my nature, and much has been understanding that just because my nature is different, and that I may end up satisfying no one, I can learn to be true to myself.

Anyhow, I hope you are all well, and I'll be in touch soon. Take of yourselves.

Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment